Information regarding the return of products purchased from Nover & Co. Pty Limited (“Nover”). If you can't find the information you need, please contact your Account Manager or your local Branch and get help from a Customer Service representative.
1. UNDERSTANDING NOVER’S CLAIMS POLICY At Nover, we are committed to providing our customers with the best products and services.
Please note that all products, with the exception of ex-display, soiled, clearance, second hand, imperfect or damaged products, are sold as merchantable quality products, unless otherwise noted.
If you have any questions, please speak to your Account Manager or a Customer Service representative or by emailing [email protected] .
2. DAMAGED, NOVER-APPROVED RETURNS AUTHORITY OR INCORRECTLY SHIPPED PRODUCTS If your product is damaged in transit, has been incorrectly shipped, or there is another problem with the product, contact your Account Manager or our Customer Service team at your Branch within the following timeframes: * For DAMAGED products, within 24 hours of receiving the product(s); * For INCORRECTLY SHIPPED products, within 24 hours of receiving the product(s); * For DEFECTIVE products, within 14 days of receiving the product(s); Your Account Manager or Customer Service Representative (“CSR”) will need to obtain the following information from the purchaser: Name and contact details of original purchaser; Invoice number or order number; Part number of product in question; Date on packing slip or invoice; Whether the product has been opened or used; and Reason for Claim. The Account Manager or CSR will advise whether they need more information, eg. photos, or more evidence of the problem. As soon as is practical, the Account Manager will determine whether a replacement product should be shipped, and whether the product at fault needs to be either a) held for further inspection at the Purchaser’s location by the Account Manager, or b) returned to Nover for further inspection. NB. In some circumstances, it may be more practical for the Account Manager to offer the Customer a discount/partial credit on the product received as a form of compensation, if it is deemed that the product is still usable to some degree and the customer is willing to retain the product at a discounted price. This will negate the need for the product to be further inspected and/or returned to the supplying branch. If it is determined that the product needs to be returned to Nover for further inspection, you will be issued with a Return Authorisation Number in accordance with our Claims Policy. Nover will not accept any product for return which does not have a Return Authorisation Number.
Each Return Authorisation Number is only valid for one order and must match the product authorised for return. The Return Authorisation Number is valid for 7 days.
Once a Return Authorisation No. has been issued, you will need to package and address the product for return. You should arrange with the Account Manager a pickup of the product where appropriate. You must ensure that the returned product is suitably packaged to prevent damage during return shipping. Nover will not accept responsibility for goods, which are damaged whilst in transit back to a Nover location. You will need to keep a copy of the consignment note as proof that the product has been picked up from you.
Nover will check the returned product within 48 hours of receipt into our warehouse.
If you return a product because it was damaged but we find that the product is in full working condition or any defects or damage were caused after you took receipt of the product, it will not be credited. You may be invoiced a processing fee and any freight costs associated with the return. These invoiced amounts will be payable within 30 days of receipt of invoice.
If Nover determines that the product is defective, we will issue a credit for the original purchase price of the product.
DAMAGED IN TRANSIT - If you receive a product that is damaged in transit from Nover, you should Refuse to accept delivery of the product; Direct the delivery driver / courier to "Return goods to sender"; and Notify our Customer Service team member within 24 hours of receipt of delivery.
3. UNOPENED PRODUCTS Except for products sold on a "No Return Basis", Nover offers a 14-day return policy for products in its original, unopened and undamaged packaging. You must contact your Account Manager or Customer Service team member within 14 days of shipping of the product to request a return of the product in this way. You will be issued with a Return Authorisation Number. You will need to package and address the product for return. You must ensure that the returned product is suitably packaged in order to prevent damage during return shipping. Nover will not pay nor reimburse any costs associated with a customer-initiated return of unopened products. For products in their original, unopened and undamaged packaging, a credit will be issued for the original purchase price of the product less a RESTOCKING FEE of 15% of the value of product returned and any associated freight costs.
4. OPENED PRODUCTS Nover will not accept any opened product(s) for return unless the product(s) is returnable under this policy. Examples of opened product(s) which Nover accept for return are:
Damaged in transit, approved return authority or incorrectly shipped product(s) Product(s) which develops a fault due to a cause occurring prior to purchase Product(s) of un-merchantable quality Product(s) that fails to perform to the manufacturer’s specifications Product(s) that fails to perform as advertised Nover, at it's sole discretion may accept opened product(s) outside of the Claims Policy, however a 15% restocking fee for this service will be charged.
5. RETURNS POLICY If a product purchased from Nover, develops a fault after 14 days from original purchase, you contact your Account Manager or CSR and explain the fault. If the fault could not have been detected at purchase, and is not due to wear and tear or misuse, Nover may offer you a replacement or refund, as appropriate. If Nover offers to accept an opened product for return, you will need a Nover-approved Return Authorisation number. Please contact our Customer Service team with this number to organise the return of the product.
If the fault is accepted by Nover, Nover will then organise any refund, repair or replacement payable under the policy. Where possible you will need to package and address the product for return and you will need to arrange for return delivery of the product, quoting Nover’s Return Authorisation number. Nover must receive the product within 7 days of the Return Authorisation being issued.
6. NO RETURN BASIS PRODUCT Unless the product is damaged in transit, incorrectly shipped or otherwise returnable under Nover’s Claims Policy the product will not be accepted for return.
Examples of products sold on a no return basis include: Made-to-Order products Ex-display products Clearance products Products with a "Price Markdown" label Products with a "No Return basis" label Products specially ordered for a customer (ie. Special orders) Products listed on the packing slip or invoice as "No Return" Examples of no return basis products which we would accept for a return are: Damaged in transit products; Products not of merchantable quality; Products that fails to perform to the manufacturer’s specifications; Products that fails to perform as advertised.
7. PROCESSING CREDITS / REFUNDS Nover will normally issue a credit note within 7 working days of Nover checking and/or receiving the goods returned in accordance with this policy, with the exception of goods that are not obviously faulty and may require testing. The credit note which is issued can then be used as a payment against future purchases or converted to a refund.
Nover will only issue refunds on request. The actual method of refund will depend upon the payment method used for the original purchase.
In some circumstances, a replacement product, a discount offered as compensation on the product received, or repair will be offered instead of a full refund. Nover will consult with you as to the most appropriate method of compensation. If Nover chooses to have the product replaced or repaired, Nover will do this at our cost and return the product (or its replacement) to you promptly.
8. RETURNING A PRODUCT TO OUR BRANCHES As an alternative, you can personally visit one of our business centres with the product you wish to return and a copy of the packing slip, invoice or other proof of purchase.